Skip to main content

A Year in the Round

I have a hard time with traditional calendars; while I understand that time moves linearly, years are cyclical. Traditional calendars are more of a timeline of your year. I kept losing track of events that were a few months out - especially when they fell in the new year. What I needed was a clock of the year so that I could actually see what was coming up in the year, And that's how I came up with the idea of the Circle Calendar.


Instead of days, each month is divided up into four weeks. I use the Circle Calendar alongside my monthly calendar to keep track of the big events that are coming up - Christmas, birthdays, projects, vacations, and the like. When the month is done, I refill it with the events that are coming up next year so that its always full. I still use my monthly calendar for things that are happening that month - appointments, trash days, meal plans, and so on.

If you want to combine the circle calendar with a monthly calendar, I have this version, The Year Round, which gives you greater specificity.

It works great to keep track of goals or exercise.


Comments